The National Physical Laboratory has launched NanoLands in the virtual world of Second Life – a place where nano science and technology communities come together to exchange ideas and knowledge.
If you already have a Second Life account click to teleport direct to Nanotechnology Island.
New to Second Life? Follow these 5 easy steps:
1. REGISTER FOR FREE – Join the Second Life community. Complete the registration form to create an account.
2. DOWNLOAD SECOND LIFE – Login, select an avatar and enter the Second Health experience*
3. TAKE THE TOUR – As soon as you arrive in Second Life we’ll lead you through a 10-minute orientation experience so that you’ll be ready to explore the Nanotechnology island with your new avatar.
4. PARTICIPATE – In Second Life you’ll be able to see and interact with other visitors. We’ll show you how during the orientation experience.
5. JOIN NANOLANDS – You can also join the NanoLands Notification List to be kept up to date with the latest news and events on Nanotechnology island.
*Check system requirements